When exactly is an electrical problem an emergency? How do you know when you need to call an emergency electrician in Comal County, TX for service at your home or business? Here are some common situations that require immediate emergency electrical service. Don’t put off calling an emergency electrician if you find yourself in one of these circumstances:
- Outlets are smoking: When you see smoke coming from your outlets, it is a sign that something is seriously wrong with your wiring. Be sure to stop using the outlet immediately and turn the circuit breaker off. You may need to call the fire department, as there could be a fire in your wall. When you have contained the situation, call an emergency electrician in Comal County, TX to take a look at the problem.
- No electricity: If for some reason the electricity in your home won’t come on and there hasn’t been a larger power outage in your area, contact an emergency electrician to come and inspect why it isn’t working. There could be several reasons for your electricity to have stopped operating correctly. An emergency electrician will get to the bottom of the issue and resolve it as soon as possible.
- Wires are wet: This may happen with flooding or heavy rains. If your electrical wires have gotten wet for whatever reason, don’t attempt to remedy this situation yourself, as you could risk electrocution. Contact an emergency electrician in Comal County, TX to investigate the problem. Professional electricians are experienced in the hazards of electricity and will be able to take the correct precautions to ensure no one gets hurt.
- Plugs or switches are popping: If you hear popping noises coming from your electrical outlets or switches, this is a sign there is a problem with your wiring that needs immediate attention. Call for emergency electrical services to have this problem looked at and be sure to stop using the outlet or switch until you can get the necessary assistance.
- Outlets are overheating your devices: Sometimes an outlet can cause the item that is plugged into it to overheat or even catch on fire. This is a clear indication that something is not right with your wiring and needs immediate attention from an emergency electrician in Comal County, TX. Don’t plug anything else into the outlet until you can get an electrician to check it out. They will be able to diagnose what is causing the situation and repair it so it stops occurring.
Anytime you see something unusual with your electrical wiring that could be a potential hazard, call for an emergency electrician in Comal County, TX. They will be able to figure out what the problem is and take the necessary steps to stop the issue before it creates further damage or harm. For emergency electrical services, contact Lowry Electrical. We provide emergency services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We can work to repair or install any electrical wiring you need at your home or business. Call today to learn more about how we can help!