Outlet & Switch Services in New Braunfels & Beyond
Increase Your Electrical Safety
When you plug in appliances, do they always work properly? Do you have plugs that fall out when they are plugged in and lights that flicker when you turn the switch on? Many older homes come equipped with non-grounded, two-pronged outlets and outdated switches. At Lowry Electrical, our New Braunfels electricians offer upgrades, installation, and repair of electrical outlets and switches to customers throughout the surrounding areas.
A few examples of New Braunfels electrical outlet services we offer include:
- Light switches
- Home automation
Common Reasons to Upgrade or Install New Outlets
There are many different reasons why you may be considering upgrading or replacing outdated switches and outlets. For one, older switches and outlets are unsafe and can be potential fire or safety hazards. They are also not always capable of providing you with sufficient power when you plug in an electronic device or appliance.
A few common reasons to install new outlets or switches include:
- You plan to invest in a home addition, renovations, or an upgrade.
- You would like to improve the safety of your electrical system.
- You are going to purchase a large electrical appliance, like an EV charger or hot tub.
What is wrong with my outlet?
Homeowners should be especially vigilant in the following situations with their outlets.
The safe and smart response is to move quickly and resolve the issue.
- When an outlet stops working
- An outlet sparks
- An outlet is hot
- An outlet smells odd
- When an outlet appears to lose power
Types of GFCI Outlets We Install & Service
Each type of outlet serves its own purpose, such as general outlets which can handle normal devices and appliances and GFCI outlets which are intended to protect against shock. It is important that you hire an electrician to install and repair all of the components in your home to avoid installing the wrong type of outlet or switch in your home.
Newer outlets have many different useful applications to consider, such as:
- GFCI outlets for kitchen and bathrooms
- Grounded electrical outlets
- Outlets for entertainment equipment
- Outlets for outdoor living spaces
- Outlets for exterior lighting