As a general rule of thumb, if you do not have experience in working with electrical applications yourself, whether it’s an installation or a repair, you should seek the assistance of a professional. Electrical work is inherently dangerous, and only a trained electrician should take on such work.
But what types of jobs require you to hire a professional for residential electrical in Comal County, TX? Here are just a few examples:
- Installation of light fixtures: Whenever you are looking to replace existing light fixtures or install new ones, you should seek the assistance of a professional. We’re not talking about bringing new lamps into your home and plugging them into outlets. Permanent light fixtures must be professionally installed, as they need to be wired into your home’s electrical system. A residential electrician can help you install new lighting fixtures in any room in your house and in any style, including recessed lighting.
- Installation of ceiling fans: Ceiling fans, too, require knowledge of wiring to be properly installed. The level of difficulty can be increased with ceiling fans because of their height and location on the ceiling rather than in a convenient spot on a wall.
- Outdoor security lighting: Installing new lighting outdoors can be a complicated task, especially if you need to modify the side of your home to be able to install the fixtures. If the lighting is going to be placed on other parts of your property away from your home or garage, you need to make sure you have appropriate electrical access. Only an electrician has the knowledge and experience needed to make this work.
- Circuit breakers: If you are having problems with your circuit breakers or need to install new panels, you will require the assistance of a skilled residential electrician in Comal County, TX. The circuit breaker is essentially the motherboard of your entire home’s electrical system, and one small mistake could lead to a big disaster if you attempt to make the fixes yourself and lack the proper experience needed to get the job done correctly.
- Outlets and switches: Whether you want to modify existing outlets and switches or install completely new ones, you will need the assistance of an electrician to make sure all the wiring is accomplished correctly. Dimmer switches, for example, are typically installed differently than flip switches. Certain types of outlets might have more complicating factors than others.
- Landscape lighting: Landscape lighting requires you to plan out how you will run cords and wires in an unobtrusive yet effective way. It can also pose some complicated wiring issues. For assistance, seek the help of a skilled residential electrician.
These are just a few jobs that require you to hire a professional for residential electrical in Comal County, TX. For more information about the types of services we provide, contact us today at Lowry Electrical. We look forward to working with you and answering any questions you have for us about our range of services.